NNERF Public Safety
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
shelton

We were never told the correct information Empty We were never told the correct information

Fri May 12, 2023 12:35 pm
When we had the option to switch in 2009-2010 Current Employees were never told about the Hazord Pay and the benifits that it has to your WALLET when You retire. We only found out years later that all of the New employees had the Hazard Pay Options which was being taken out at an additional 5% so then NNERF said oh we better take 5% out of NNERF employees because its only fair. WELL NOT REALLY as our 5% does nothing for us with a hazard pay. I could imagine that in 2009-2010 all of us that were here and knew about the extra $14,000 soon to be $16,800 Extra a year. WE ALL WOULD HAVE SWITCHED OVER NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

This has been brouhgt up couple years ago by some and it was bascilly said oh theres not the money and the city would never vote on it BLAA Blaa..........

Anyone questionsing what it would have looked like if you switched over.. do the NNERF calculator for retirement and then add another $16,800 to that number untill you turn 65...... Those that were hired under the old NNERF system have been swept under and will never come close to retirement untill were forced out and the ones with 20 years less then us will be long gone and still have bigger wallets then us... ok rant over...

Maybe now that NNERF realizes its in big trouble something can be done.........

EXCITED FOR THE MEETINGS
Clark

We were never told the correct information Empty Re: We were never told the correct information

Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:36 pm
I’m not sure what needs to be done, but this city is really screwing over everyone who remained on NNERF. I don’t recall any mention about this hazard pay at all when the city decided to go with VRS.

With all the employees who have paid into the system for many years who never even made it to retirement or only received a handful of checks following retirement, the city should have plenty of money to pay the rest of us. I’d be curious to know how many people are even left on NNERF? When we are all gone the city will have nothing to pay.

This needs to be corrected sooner rather than later. Whatever we need to do on the police side, i’m sure we can round up a few people to help with the cause.
Fatty1017

We were never told the correct information Empty Re: We were never told the correct information

Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:47 pm
The explanation I was given was "The 5% would bring us inline with VRS".  Looking back, I was informed of this while looking for shell casings behind the Mc Donald's by Todd Stadium.  

There was no documentation given.  I do remember during orientation being told the multiplier was 2.0  and the city has lowered it to a 1.85  leaving us no choice but to carry on and continue to do our job.

If this is leading to a lawsuit I recommend no settlement.  The city created this, now they need to honor their obligation.
Fatty1017

Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:13 pm
I noticed someone mention bringing the issue before Chief Drew in a meeting and Chief Drew not bringing this to the attention of Newport News City Council. Keep in mind if this issue does not effect him in a positive light politically he will not address it.

It's ashame how the citizens have fed into his lies and his show of caring for the community. Hopefully one day you will recognize his fraudulent behavior.
Anonymous2U

Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:42 am
I agree with Fatty1017. I find it kind of comical that the Chief can't lobby for "just the police department."  What does that even mean? Who else would he lobby for? If he can't lobby for us, then who can? Make them our spokesperson. In all honesty though, I don't see the city doing jack squat for those on NNERF. I mean why would they? They hold all the leverage.
Fatty1017

Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:20 am
I have a question. If we do not qualify for the same benefits as VRS and over the years our retirement multiplier continuously decrease, where did my 5% contribution in 2009 go?
Fatty1017

Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:07 pm
Can anyone explain this?
Military COLA: 8.7
VRS: 5.0
NNERF: 3.15
Fatty1017

Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:11 pm
I have had the privilege of reading the last text message sent out about the progress of the NNERF/VRS issued. Once again the issue has been tabled and the board is refusing to address the disparities.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum